A furnace is mostly used as a major component of the central heating system. Providing heat to interior spaces through an intermediary fluid movement may be air, steam, or hot water. Furnaces have several attributes and features; natural draft, efficiency, design forced draft, condensing, and forced air. We also offer heating repair in Cambridge ON and the surrounding areas. If you are looking for any services related to HVAC. Contact us.
General categories of furnaces include
- Single-stage: One-stage operation may be relatively noisy as it is always running at its highest speed, pumping the hottest air at the highest velocity. The major benefit of a single-stage furnace is typically the cost of installation. These furnaces are relatively inexpensive since the technology is rather simple. And due to its one-speed operation, it is also called a single-speed furnace repair in Cambridge, Ontario.
- Two-stage: A two-stage furnace runs at a lower speed most times, but this depends on the demanded heat.
Advantages of getting furnacesHere are some of a furnace’s advantages:
- Flexibility: It’s rare to find a furnace that will suit our ideal home sizes because furnaces come in different models and sizes that can run from various fuel types.
- Hook to existing ducts: If you have previously installed any kind of ductwork, a furnace will be easy to hook up in it.
- Smaller size: The flexibility of the furnace depends on how small the units are; even though powerful.
Different types of furnacesThere are four main types of furnaces; they are:
- Natural gas furnaces: These are highly economical, older ones being 65% efficient on average, and newer ones up to 98% efficient.
- Oil Furnaces: Slightly less efficient than gas furnaces mostly between 80-90% but the upfront cost is lower.
- Electric Furnaces: Cheapest to purchase, sometimes half-cost of gas furnaces. But these are easier to install and last up to almost ten years.
- Propane: A product of oil and gas production that can be easily stored in tanks and used by households.
Things you should keep in mind when purchasing a furnaceThere are several other things to consider when choosing a furnace. Which includes:
- Choose the right size: While selecting the furnace for your home, local climate, ceiling height, and even the number of windows have to be considered.
- Compare furnace reviews: Don’t just go for the cheapest furnace. Always consider customer reviews on any furnace you’re considering buying.
- Climate and region: Where you live will determine the climate and availability of energy sources.
Services that B.A.P. Heating & Cooling Services offer
- Residential air conditioning and heating
- Light commercial air conditioning and heating
- Rural property air conditioning and heating
- Multifamily air conditioning and heating